9 Nov 2015

The Cordillera of the Andes

        Going to discover its volcanos and the Altiplano, cutting through some passes to get from the Amazonian forest to the Pacific coast, strolling from the tropical uplands of Bogotá down to Patagonia's glaciers, along the mythic Ruta 40 and Carretera Austral until the faraway Tierra del Fuego...
To give a taste to south-american "buen vivir" ("well living") and to its various cultures, explore some ruins of its ancestral civilizations, discover new flavours and marvel at local biodiversity...

        And get a break, take time... Time to hangout, to stretch breakfast enjoying the sun and reading in the morning's waft the weather for the next hours, to enjoy freely each moment of the day and stick until the middle of the night on the Milky Way. Time to inmerge, to meet, to exchange, to get into actualities, to read, to learn. This time that runs off inexorably and that we sell to fulfill daily needs...

        My close relatives already know how this appetizing program was calling me since a bit yet, comfortably installed on the podium of my trip projects !
For the net visitors, I'm a french thirties settled in Buenos Aires and motorcycle rider sin a few tasty years, beginning a motorbike riding journey and opening his first blog.
For ones and the others, this blog's pages will allow me to share some good moments and crush ons of this road-trip around the Cordillera of the Andes.


        I'll try to publish as up-to-date as I can my travel stories, but as you'll guess days are short and my priority naturally goes to enjoy at best this free time I'm offering myself.
To help me not forgetting half of the details that will come filling out these memories, I strive to at least take daily notes of main events in my road-book - alias K2R, offered by my friends while I was leaving from Bordeaux to Montpellier in 2006. Chance made me open it for the first time on september 1st 2015, first day of this trip, nine years day for day after it was offered by this fantastic group of buddies ! The farewell messages filling its first pages warmed me inside, getting me back to memories a bit buried under the multitude of the moments with them, and re-reading it nearly a decade after gave me kind of a particular echo...
Thanks for everything to you the marmaillons ! Be sure you're all here with me each day, and that beside my pleasure to go out alone discovering this marvelous continent, I also just can't wait to see you all again and be able to share with you a more live version of this journey ! :)


        So welcome and have a nice reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment